Special Children’s Friends- fostering the healthy development of children and youth in the context of their family, SCF programs, and Maine communities.
Special Children’s Friends is a Hancock County, Maine based program which serves children and youth with special needs and their families. We believe that children are best served in the context of their families, and that family involvement is essential to children’s healthy development.
- We are celebrating more than 25 years in Hancock County.
- We have 25 staff members with a collective 250 years early childhood experience.
- Six of our staff have been involved since the beginning of the organization.
- All staff are behavioral health professionals (BHP) and have first aid, CPR, and many have CPI (non-violent crisis intervention) certifications.
- We have served children from every town in Hancock County.
- Last year alone, we served 154 children from 27 towns in Hancock County.
- To learn more about our other services, click here
While all these facts are impressive, we encourage you to click below and meet Matt, one of the now adults that has come through our program: