Special Children’s Friends- fostering the healthy development of children and youth in the context of their family, SCF programs, and Maine communities.
Special Children’s Friends is a non-proft organization based in Hancock County, Maine based program which serves children and youth with special needs and their families. We believe that children are best served in the context of their families, and that family involvement is essential to children’s healthy development.
- We are celebrating more than 30 years in Hancock County.
- We are a 501c3 organization. IRS
- All educational staff are behavioral health professionals (BHP) and have first aid, CPR, and education technician certifications.
- We have served children from every town in Hancock County.
- September 2017 saw the opening of our beautiful, brand new wing which includes 2 sunny classrooms with attached pull out rooms, 2 handicap accessible bathrooms, and a children’s library.
- To learn more about our other services, click here
- To download a copy of our printable brochure in PDF format, click here
While all these facts are impressive, we encourage you to click below and meet Matt, one of the now adults that has come through our program: